So I finally took a vacation last week. Even got the chance to throw out the first pitch at a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, pretty much a dream come true. I came back yesterday rested and feeling great. Then today my employer of the last 6 1/2 years decided they were no longer in need of my services.Soooooooooooooooooooooo….here I am looking for “the next opportunity”. I could tell you how during my time with CBS in St. Louis KYKY turned in its best ratings ever or how KEZK reached number 1 6+ with a cume of over a million people on my watch. Or I could go into gory details about all the Web 2.0, Social Media, and Interactive Marketing things I’ve learned over the last few years. I could even opine on all the different kinds of platforms that could benefit from my skills, experience, and leadership. But you’re probably looking at this on a handheld device and its hard to read long e mails on those itsy bitsy screens. Bottom line is I’m not a big fan of sitting around and I’m ready to climb on a new horse. Maybe you know of a job that is just screaming for a guy like me. Perhaps you are acquainted with someone who should get to know me. Please feel free to share my contact information, which is below, with every person you have ever met. The quicker I get back to work, the less chance there will be of you getting another e mail like this. The info below will shows the many ways in which you can get in touch with me. It also links to some of my droppings on the Interwebz so you and your contacts can learn a bit more about me. Its time to move on, and I’d love to both share my thoughts on how I can help the right organization and hear what you and your friends might have up your sleeves. I look forward to what’s ahead and to connecting with you soon!
Greetings From The Land Of The Unemployedby Mark E.
- UntitledFriendFeed was shut down on April 9, 2015. We maintained the service since we joined Facebook in 2009, but the number of people using FriendFeed had been steadily declining and in the end, the community was just a fraction of what it once was. Given this, we decided that it was time to start winding things down. We want to thank you all for being such a terr […]
- UntitledDear FriendFeed community, We wanted to let you know that FriendFeed will be shutting down soon. We've been maintaining the service since we joined Facebook five years ago, but the number of people using FriendFeed has been steadily declining and the community is now just a fraction of what it once was. Given this, we've decided that it's time […]
- Custom FriendFeed themes and a way to show them offWhen we launched FriendFeed themes we mentioned some improvements we wanted to make, and here they are! Choose how people see your FriendFeed profile Starting today, people who visit your profile will see it in the theme you've chosen. If you'd prefer visitors not to see your theme, you can turn it off on your settings page. You can also choose the […]
- FriendFeed accepts Facebook friend requestWe are happy to announce that Facebook has acquired FriendFeed. As my mom explained to me, when two companies love each other very much, they form a structured investment vehicle... The FriendFeed team is extremely excited to become a part of the talented Facebook team. We've always been great admirers of Facebook, and our companies share a common visio […]
- FriendFeed API v2: Out of beta, OAuth for installed applicationsTwo weeks ago, we launched version 2 of the FriendFeed API in beta. Since then, we've watched how developers have been using the API and collected a lot of their feedback. We've implemented some changes, and now, we're ready to remove the beta label! In addition to removing the beta label, we also added support for using OAuth in applications […]
- Ben Darnell joins FriendFeed: Ben++!We're very excited to have Ben Darnell joining the FriendFeed team starting today! Not only is Ben our newest employee, he's our first new employee in over a year!I had the honor of working with Ben on the Google Reader team and I'm thrilled to have him bring his ninja-fu data-storage and scalability skills to FriendFeed.Of course, now that we […]
- Improve FriendFeed for your friends by recommending subscriptionsAs a devoted FriendFeed user, I have tried to convince all of my friends and family to join the site, but a handful of them never quite got their accounts set up properly. With our new Recommend friends feature, I can fix their FriendFeed experience by recommending subscriptions to them. Visit http://friendfeed.com/friends/recommend, and you can recommend su […]
- FriendFeed API v2: Real-time, OAuth, file attachments, and moreToday we are launching version 2 of the FriendFeed API for beta testing. We focused on making the API simpler to use, and we added number of compelling new features: Real-time APIs - utilize long polling to get feeds in real-time, including search! Flexible sharing options - Direct message users. Share to multiple feeds. File attachments - Attach images, pdf […]
- Someone's in the kitchen with FriendFeed themesVariety is the spice of life, and we know you like some spice when you 'feed, so we cooked up a few more themes to please your palette.Grasslands gives a breath of country air to the FriendFeed experience and, if higher altitudes are your fancy, we've got Orion (thanks for the pic, NASA!) Knot brings a little bit of elegant decoration, and be sure […]
- Duck Hunt themeBy popular demand, we bring you the Duck Hunt theme, in which you shoot cartoon ducks while you peruse FriendFeed. Make sure you have your sound on. If you want duck carnage on your own site, check out Duck my life.
- Facebook Video Gets a Statistical Haircut ow.ly/XlqH304xy61 3 hours ago
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Daily Commute ow.ly/NVqI304x1Sd 6 hours ago
- How to watch the U.S. Presidential debates online | VentureBeat | Media ow.ly/VnLp304y311 6 hours ago
- Someone is Testing Methods for Taking Down the Entire Internet fortune.com/2016/09/25/int… 8 hours ago
- .@CUBS WIN! Taking the series and the season matchup from the hapless Cardinals and winning their 99th game of the … https://t.co/3A4u2VLGp5 17 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.